Diplomatically yours

I have been thinking of ways to save my articles with me and thought who not post them on my blog!!! I know it is not the greatest idea bu whatever...here goes the latest se pehle wala


The North India Programmes Officer, Embassy of the USA, Clayton A. Bond will soon be taking over from Robin D Dallio, whose tenure in India as the First Secretary, Cultural Affairs, Embassy of the USA is coming to a close. Clayton says, “I went to the University of Hampton and studied Political Science and Environmental Studies. I was always interested in travelling all over the world and meeting new people, so I thought of taking up a career in the Foreign Service.”For Robin, who has been working as a diplomat for the US government for the past 12 years, the decision to join the Foreign Service just happened by chance. She says, “I always wanted to become a veterinarian. I was also very interested in learning languages. I joined the Peace Corps and on various assignments went to various countries as an English teacher. I absolutely loved teaching. When I came back, someone said why don’t you take the Foreign Service exam and I said ‘nah’ I am not going to get through. But I did and here I am.”Clayton, who has worked on various assignments for the past five years as a diplomat including serving as a recruiter for the State Department, says, “We are here to safeguard and promote the interests of our country. As a diplomat I think that it is a good idea to find some common ground to do that and take things from there.”For an enthusiastic Robin no two days are the same and that is what she loves the most about her job. “I don’t ever have to get up in my bed and think ‘what am I doing with my life’ or ‘where am I headed.’ I am proud of the fact that I am serving my country. Communicating people to people is what my job is all about.”Travelling and meeting new people has been the highlight of the careers for both of them. Clayton who has been here for about five months, has utilised his time well, having visited Allahabad, Jaipur and witnessed an early morning on the banks of the Ganges. Organising cultural evenings and talks has taken Robin around the length and breadth of the country and she too has thoroughly enjoyed every bit of it. The last word on their jobs and both of them agree that it is hectic and keep them on their feet, but then that is what they absolutely love about it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Decade of Motherhood: Give in

To, The Enablers

This Pujo, things feel different