It's a daughter thing


An SMS in the morning tells me this week is being celebrated as Daughter Week. First of all the sweet message:

Daughters are the most precious of our treasures, the dearest possessions of our homes and the objects of our most watchful love.

Being a daughter did not really do a lot for my understanding as having one did. If Gods would not have had their way, I would have been blessed with two and would have been much better off.
Having a daughter is a grace. They fill your days with their warmth. They snuggle up to you even when you are not at your cuddly best and even the most loving husbands would not want to hug you. Just open your arms to the daughter and she will tumble in to them, if you are lucky enough you might even get a few wet and sloppy kisses. My daughter, when she is flooded with love for me, creeps from behind and puts her arms around my neck or my legs whatever is easily accessible to her and there is no other thing in the world to compare it with.
Being a daughter I have often sensed what my mother may not have spoken out. I want to give her the world. My mother, who is twice blessed as in having my sister and me, must have had tough times. In fact, she still has bad patches, ROUGH, if I may say. All our life we have blamed her for anything that has gone wrong in our lives. She has been giving it back to us in equal measures. We fight with her, we shop for her more than she shops for herself, we worry about her, and I am looking forward to Chunna’s growing up years with a lil bit of spice and much of sugar. I hope we have lots of fun and in the meantime help her be a nice person.

Comments

Aww - that's very sweet and touching. You're right. Being a daughter to a proud, loving mother i guess is easy. But being a mother to a daughter is tough. Megha Vats
chaitanya said…
Wow Good One.Liked it. Got tears reading this .. as I am a daughter and mother to a daughter.. :)

amu said…
Yes Megha, being a daughter is easy but being a mother is demanding. Maybe we make it into an ordeal of high standards, achievements and good behaviour...thought provoking indeed!
amu said…
Hi Chaitanya, Thanks for stopping by. More joy to mothers and daughters!!

Popular posts from this blog

A Decade of Motherhood: Give in

To, The Enablers

This Pujo, things feel different