musings

i am not in love with you
neither are you, i am told
we are just bored and hence the attraction
but then i dnt knw why
i look at my phone a thousand times to see if you have dropped a message
a call that i might have missed
despite keeping it by my side all the while

at nights i lie awake thinking
what could have that meant
that which you said while i was being a little inattentive
i prod myself to discover meanings, in unsaid words
i wait for you at places
where there isn't a chance for you to show up

you surprise me, i laugh the ring of which i like a lot
you make me nervous, i check my reflection in the mirror
and i smile

i fall short of words in your presence
a sigh is all that can escape from my heavy heart
poor thing knows that we are just bored of our own lives
and hence the attraction

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Decade of Motherhood: Give in

To, The Enablers

This Pujo, things feel different