Dawn of realisation

writing is a strange thing.
it gives you wings. 
it lets you soar or lie flat on your back all day long
it lets you lose the structure
it allows you to dream
it allows you to give meaning of your own to events, situations
-----------------

This post was supposed to be many posts that should have been written over a period of time when I did not even open my blog. Horrible ain't I? 

But as is usual, I made plans as well as in some corner of my mind made lists of tasks that I would finish and then get down to writing the blog entry on the topic that has been bothering me for a while or that interesting episode with my daughter. Alas! that time never came and I realise that it will also not ever come, waiting as I do.

I also read, early in the morning, an article by a successful journalist-turned-momee-cum-domestic goddess (yes! it seems that even amongst journalists a species extraordinaire does exist. There goes my excuse for doing everything wrong or not indulging in THAT stuff at all!!!) going back to a posh job after giving her son four devoted years of baked goodies, play dates and everything else that I wanted to do. I am feeling jealous (why wouldn't I? Do you know how much I think about those things?) I am feeling depressed. Okay make that I was feeling depressed till the time the house woke up, and I realised something that has been knocking for a long while.

*Drum Roll and Thunderclaps Please*

As life beckons from the kitchen, I jot down the two things (did I say something meant only one thing, ever? huh??) that I have realised again (yesssirr yet again, if you please)

1. You have to put yourself out there.
2. It is okay to be scared and frightened but even then you have to put yourself out there.

After imparting this infinite wisdom, I proceed to make tiffin with my halo lingering around the laptop till the time I am hit by next wave of you-know-what!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

To, The Enablers

A Decade of Motherhood: Give in

This Pujo, things feel different