Worrying about the chicken

I am worrying. 
About the chicken I have taken out of the fridge to cook, which I don't want to cook. 
I don't want to cook it today being a Thursday and this piece of religious sentimentality lodged in my head about cooking and consuming meat on certain days. 
I can't leave it as it has been now lying in the fridge since Monday and the husband fears it will rot. I also share the fear and so may be I will just get cooking.
But I also have two submissions.
There is no lunch ready for Netra if she comes home early today. So I am worrying about that too.
I have not even started on one of the submissions. I have no ideas even.
It is 11 already and the day is running ahead with its own plans and un-kept promises.
A broken tap in the kitchen.
Dinner preparation.
Clothes strewn around the house.
Unmade beds.
Cluttered side table.
Dust on the study table.
Clothes that have been on the rope for the past two days

I think I will just go cook the chicken.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Decade of Motherhood: Give in

To, The Enablers

This Pujo, things feel different